How to Administer a Construction Project
- October 17, 2023 2:30pm - 4:30pm PDT
Contracts are at the heart of every construction project. And whether administering prime contracts, sub-contracts, or purchase orders, the required contractual tasks can be overwhelming. This 2-hour window into the life of a Contract Administrator will serve as a great overview of the contracting life cycle and critical associated tasks. Participants will work through identifying essential requirements, setting up effective systems, and managing within them. From negotiations to final closeout, every important step is considered.
What You Will Learn
- How to create essential tools that assist in the administration of contracts
- Define and understand roles, responsibilities, and authority levels under the contract
- How prudent contract administration helps to build healthy relationships
- Learn how the contract itself is a management tool, minimizing problems and issues.
- What happens when things change? Understand and manage contract modifications
- Understand inspection, acceptance, and payment provisions of the contract
- Understand, apply, and enforce flow-down provisions
- The relationship between project close-out and contract administration
Project Engineers and Contract Administrators
Paul Stout, Power Summit