2023 Scholarship Awards Program
UCON's Scholarship Program is closed for the 2023-2024 school year. Winners will be announced in late June.
- All UCON member affiliates are eligible. All employees, spouses/registered domestic partners and dependents focusing on any major;
- a California college student majoring in civil engineering or construction management
- Open to high school seniors, college, and graduate students
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Graduation date must occur in 2023 or later
- Past winners are not eligible
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY:
- Most recent transcripts showing all courses, grades, and cumulative GPA.
- Resume and/or list of any extracurricular activities/achievements.
- A detailed description of financial need.
- Answer any two of the following essay questions (max 750 words each):
- Why did you choose your school and/or vocation?
- What three things would you change in your local community or school and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 20 years?
- If money was no object, what would you want to accomplish and why?
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, mentor, etc.